At HanesBrands, we respect our customers and understand that you may have concerns about privacy. This Consumer Privacy Notice (“Notice”) provides an overview of the practices of Hanesbrands Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries and associates (“HanesBrands”, “we”,”our”,”us”) with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information (“PI”) about consumers.
This Notice does not apply to or govern:
- Any information that you have provided to us through one of our direct to consumer websites, by participating in an online marketing campaign, or by contacting us through our Customer Experience Center(s). Said information is subject to the terms of our Consumer Privacy Notice available (here) and not this Notice.
- Our collection and use of information in connection with purchases made at our retail locations or through our mail order catalogs; or
- Third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms, or applications) which we do not own or control. These sites may have their own privacy notices and terms and conditions that you should consult.
We are providing this Notice to help you better understand the following:
- Obtaining and Handling Your Consent
- What Personal Information HanesBrands Collects
- How HanesBrands Uses Your Personal Information
- How HanesBrands Protects Your Personal Information
- How Your Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties
- Cross-Border Data Transfers of Your Personal Information
- Updating Your Account Information and Managing Your Preferences
- Information about Children Under 13
- Revisions and Updates
- Your California Privacy Rights
- How to Submit Privacy Related Inquiries, Complaints and Requests
2. OBTAINING AND HANDLING YOUR CONSENT
HanesBrands will seek to obtain your consent where required by applicable law. HanesBrands respects your decisions about the collection and use of your Personal Information. You have the ability to revoke your consent at any time subject to applicable legal obligations, and you may do so by contacting HanesBrands using the contact information below.
Certain privacy laws and regulations impose restrictions on the sale, rental and other transfers of Personal Information in exchange for any valuable consideration. HanesBrands values your privacy and is committed to safeguarding your Personal Information, hence, HanesBrands does not sell any of your Personal Information to any person/entity.
3. WHAT PI HANESBRANDS COLLECTS
When you use or interact with the Site, our web servers may automatically recognize and collect certain information, that could be considered personally identifiable information (PII), such as the web address from which you came, internet protocol (IP) address, the type of browser/device/hardware that you are using, cookie preferences, search terms and similar technical data. We use this information in the aggregate, to measure overall Site usage patterns and trends.
- Mobile Information: When you use the Site on a mobile device or when you download or use any apps created by us, we may receive information about your location. We may also receive information about your mobile device itself, including your device’s unique identifier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services and other services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content.
If you choose not to provide certain information, this may impact your use of certain resources or services that are provided by HanesBrands. At the time of making such a choice to not provide certain information, you will be notified about the impact of your choice.
4. HOW HANESBRANDS USES YOUR PI
We may use the information we collect from you and about your use of our Site for a variety of reasons related to our business operations and as set forth in this Notice.
- Resource monitoring: To monitor usage of HanesBrands facilities and resources, and secure HanesBrands premises, assets and information
- Tracking our visitors’ use of the Site for internal research purposes and to enhance our product messaging to you; and
- Improving the content, appearance and utility of the Site.
- Legal and regulatory: Compliance, internal control evaluations and audits (including those conducted by HanesBrands’ internal and external audit service providers), and, to the extent permitted in this Notice and by the applicable law, providing assistance to law enforcement.
HanesBrands does not sell, trade, or lease any of your Personal Information for any purpose to any third party, including marketing, unless permitted by you.
5. HOW HANESBRANDS PROTECTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. However, no website, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” As such, you are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ Personal Information and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use “spoofed” e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords and Social Security numbers.
WE DO NOT SEND E-MAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SUCH EXAMPLES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such e-mail communication, please forward it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org and then immediately delete the fraudulent e-mail from your computer.
6. HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
HanesBrands respects your privacy and, accordingly, shares Personal Information with third parties in a limited number of circumstances:
- Affiliates: We may share your Personal Information within the HanesBrands family of companies for marketing and/or other administrative purposes.
- Third-Parties: We may contract with other companies to provide certain services to us, including market research, database management, and advertising and promotion management. These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information or non-Personal Information in order to perform their functions, but they may not use this information for other purposes. These companies are prohibited from using your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with others, but we cannot guarantee security of Personal Information and are not liable for misuse of it by others.
Our advertising partners may use third-party Cookies on our site. In the future, we may partner with other entities that will provide us with interest-based advertising (displayed on the Site or elsewhere on the Internet). For more information about interest-based advertising and for a link to a tool that will enable you to manage third-party advertising preferences, see the Managing Your Preferences: Interest-Based Advertising, below.
HanesBrands may share your Personal Information with third parties (companies and organizations) under the following circumstances:
- Protecting our interests; legal compliance: We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to comply with the law, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our consumers, or others. If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our consumers. We also may retain a copy of such transferred consumer information.
- Aggregated information: We may share with third parties certain aggregate information (that is, information that does not directly identify an individual). This allows us to give you a more personalized experience when you use the Site.
Remember that this Notice only applies to information collected through the Site. It is possible that our policies relating to information collected at our retail locations or through our mail order catalog may permit us to share Personal Information in different circumstances, even if that information has also been collected through the Site pursuant to this Notice.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Since HanesBrands is a multinational organization with a presence in many countries, your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders and may be accessed by HanesBrands entities as well as affiliated vendors and suppliers from countries with varying degrees of protection for your Personal Information. Any international transfer of your Personal Information will be done in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
8. MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
- Managing Your Preferences: We want to communicate with you in the most effective manner, whether by sending you relevant marketing materials or by operating an intuitive and informative website. At the same time, we appreciate that your preferences regarding marketing, promotions and online privacy will continue to evolve. This section provides you with information on how you can fine-tune your preference settings. To make a specific request related to PII that HanesBrands collects see Section, “How to Submit Privacy Related Inquiries, Complaints and Requests” below for more details.
- Mobile Devices: Most mobile devices allow you to customize various privacy settings, such as location services and push notifications. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust the settings on your device. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your location information through the mobile version of the Site, you may not be able to use some or all of the Site’s features.
- Interest-Based Advertising and Do-Not Track Settings: Interest-based advertising uses information about you to provide relevant, targeted advertising likely to be of interest to you. Click here to get additional information about interest based advertising for additional information on interest-based advertising. Although some web browsers offer “do not track” options, the Site does not currently honor “do-not-track” browser settings. If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please click here to opt out of interest based advertising.
Please note: if you choose opt-out of HanesBrands’ interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising from us, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
- Cookies: Internet browser software may allow you to change settings and prevent websites from automatically setting Cookies. Some media players, such as Flash, allow you to manage local shared objects. If you do change these settings, it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions on our Site, and you may need to re-enter information when you use the Site at a later time. You should consult with the publisher or licensor of your browser and media players if you want to change the settings or if you are experiencing trouble browsing our Site.
9. INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN UNDER 13
We recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Information where children are involved, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, unless the child is the age between 13 and 16 and provides direct consent.
If you as a parent or guardian believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided our website with Personal Information, we ask that you call (800) 283-5215 or contact us at email@example.com, and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
10. REVISIONS AND UPDATES
We reserve the right to change this Notice and will provide an appropriate notification (by, for example, posting a notice on the front page of the Site) if we materially change the Notice. When we make changes to this Notice, we will update the revision date at the top of this page. Any changes to our Notice will become effective upon our posting of the revised Notice on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Notice then in effect.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The following are the privacy rights guaranteed if you are California resident
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that HanesBrands delete any Personal Information about you which the HanesBrands has collected from you. HanesBrands will fulfill this request free of charge within 45 days. As per applicable laws, we may extend this response period by an additional 45 days, and in case of such an extension we will notify you. Notwithstanding your right to delete your Personal Information, HanesBrands reserves the right to retain any of your Personal Information that it is permitted or required to maintain pursuant to applicable laws.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request that HanesBrands provide you the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information HanesBrands has collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the HanesBrands shares your Personal Information
HanesBrands will fulfill this request free of charge within 45 days. As per applicable laws, we may extend this response period by an additional 45 days, and in case of such an extension we will notify you.
- Right not be discriminated against: You have the right not be discriminated against because you exercised any of your privacy rights. HanesBrands is committed to ensure that you do not experience any of the following actions:
- Denying goods or services to you,
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties,
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you,
- Suggesting to you that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Right to notice of information shared for direct marketing purposes: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such Personal Information. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice or would like for us to delete your Personal Information, please submit a written request to the following address:
C/o Privacy Administrator
P.O. Box 986
Rural Hall, NC 27045-0283
In your request, please specify that you want a “Your HanesBrands California Privacy Rights Notice.” Once we have received your request, we will respond within 45 days.
12. HOW TO SUBMIT PRIVACY RELATED INQUIRIES, COMPLAINTS AND REQUESTS
You may use the contact information below to update or amend the Personal Information that HanesBrands has about you, or to submit a general privacy related inquiry or complaint or request in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. HanesBrands will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit general privacy related inquiry
- Telephone: (800) 283-5215
- Mailing address: Privacy Administrator, Hanesbrands Inc., P.O. Box 986, Rural Hall, NC 27045-0283
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, address, and/or telephone number(s) so that we can verify your identify and handle your request appropriately.
Last updated: May 17, 2020