HanesBrands Recognized as a Great Place to Work
In March 2015, HanesBrands was named by the Great Place to Work Institute as a top 2015 employer in Central America and the Caribbean.
During the Central America awards ceremony in Panama on March 9, 2015, Hanes was honored with the following 2015 Great Place to Work awards:
- No. 3 multinational company in Central America and the Caribbean for 2015 – HanesBrands Dominican Republic, El Salvador and Honduras
- No. 2 company with more than 1,000 employees in Central America for 2015 – HanesBrands Honduras
- No. 6 company with more than 1,000 employees in Central America for 2015 – HanesBrands El Salvador
The Great Place to Work Institute is a global research and management consultancy with expertise in workplace transformation. It has a presence in 46 countries worldwide and surveys more than 5,000 organizations each year. The institute partners with business media, such as Fortune magazine in the United States and Summa magazine in Central America, to publish the annual rankings.
The selection process involves a rigorous examination of company practices and employee satisfaction. The Great Place to Work Institute defines a great place to work as an organization where employees trust their leaders, are proud of the work they do, and have a strong sense of camaraderie with their colleagues.
Hanes provides clean, safe and positive work environments for its employees, with an emphasis on workforce talent development. The company has operated for more than 40 years in the Dominican Republic and for more than 20 years in El Salvador and Honduras.
Some of the company’s core achievements cited in the Great Place to Work application were:
• More than 5,000 Hanes employees in Central America and the Caribbean have participated in company-sponsored programs to help them earn their high school diplomas.
• Through Green for Good, Hanes’ corporate social responsibility program, the company has committed funding and thousands of volunteer hours to improve the local communities where employees and their families live.
• The company focuses on employee wellness through access to onsite medical care and family health fairs.
• In addition to workforce development efforts, Hanes focuses on open communications and strong, ethical business practices.